You have learned in this unit that grassroots movements are driven by the community. For this weeks discussion, you will explore the role of grassroots movements as they relate to advocacy, specifically advocacy for children and families. You will also examine some of the challenges human service professionals may face with regard to grassroots movements and discuss how these challenges could be overcome.
Please respond to the following:
1. Explore the role grassroots movements play with regard to advocacy. Share an example of how a grassroots movement would be beneficial when advocating for children and their families.
2. Describe the steps a human service professional would need to take to implement a grassroots movement.
3. Analyze two of the benefits of grassroots movements as they relate to advocacy, specifically advocacy for children and families.
4. Examine some of the challenges human service professionals may face with regard to grassroots movements and discuss how these challenges could be overcome.
1. Community Tool Box. (2020). Section 1: Strategies for community change and improvement: An overview. https://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/assessment/promotion-strategies/overview/main
2. Community Tool Box. (2020). Section 2: Developing a proposal for change. http://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/advocacy/encouragement-education/proposal-for-change/main
3. Community Tool Box. (2020). Section 8: Some lessons learned on community organization and change. https://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/overview/model-for-community-change-and-improvement/lessons-learned/main
4. Howe, N. (2016). Grassroots advocacy 101: A brief guide for anyone newly involved in political advocacy. https://www.muster.com/blog/grassroots-advocacy-101-a-brief-guide-for-anyone-newly-involved-in-government-relations
5. Kinkade, S. (2017). 10 steps to consider in launching an advocacy campaign. https://www.youthactionnet.org/blog/10-steps-consider-launching-advocacy-campaign
6. Stachowiak, S. (2013). Pathways for change: 10 theories to inform advocacy and policy change efforts. http://www.pointk.org/resources/files/Pathways_for_Change.pdf
Please review pages 2021.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post The Role of Grassroots Movements Related to Advocacy: Benefits and Challenges first appeared on nursing writers.