Benchmark – Cross-Content Instruction in Science
or this benchmark, create and deliver a science lesson plan that integrates math, physical education, and health for Birth to Age 5/Pre-K or K to Age 8/Grade 3. After implementing the lesson, write a reflection of your experience.
Use the format of one of the â€œLesson Plan Templatesâ€ to create the cross-content science lesson plan that includes:
- Clear, measurable learning objectives that align to early learning standards (ELS) as well as your stateâ€s subject standards.
- Anticipatory set
- Reasoning and problem-solving
- Relevant materials and resources including visual or audio resources
- Differentiation of instruction to address the diverse needs of students. Name the differentiation strategies used to achieve individual learning outcomes.
- Assessments (e.g., pre/post-test, formative, summative, etc.)
Teach the lesson.
Write a 500-750 word reflection analyzing the feedback you received from your classroom teacher and personal observations about the experience, and explain the following:
- How did you promote student readiness for learning, a positive learning environment, supportive interactions, engagement, and enthusiasm?
- How did you plan instruction that used effective strategies and resources, including the appropriate use of technology, to meet the needs of students?
- Explain why there is value in cross-content lessons. Use your research from Topic 1 and personal experience from your implemented lesson.
- Strengths and opportunities for growth. Provide specific evidence from your lesson.
- What changes will you implement in your next lesson? Be sure to provide specific examples.
While APA format is not required for the lesson plan, solid academic writing is expected.
Prepare the reflection according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit the reflection to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
College of Education (COE) program competencies and national standards assessed in the benchmark assignment:
Apply in-depth content knowledge and learning resources in the academic disciplines to create meaningful and engaging opportunities for students to learn, practice and master content. (NAEYC 5a, 5b; InTASC 4b, 5c, 8n)
Apply appropriate curriculum, content standards, and early learning standards to plan, implement, and evaluate developmentally meaningful and challenging learning opportunities for each child. (NAEYC 5c; InTASC 2a)
Examine assessments and other performance data to develop appropriate goals, curriculum, and teaching strategies for young children. (NAEYC 3a; InTASC 6c)
Collaborate with learners, families, and colleagues to build a safe, positive learning environment of openness, mutual respect, positive relationships, and supportive interactions as the foundation of their work with children. (NAEYC 4a; InTASC 3a)
Plan instruction that uses effective strategies and resources, including the appropriate use of technology, to meet the needs of individuals and groups of learners for early education. (NAEYC 4b; InTASC 8a)
Implement a wide range of developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate teaching and learning strategies to achieve individual learning outcomes. (NAEYC 4c; InTASC 8k)
Reflect upon and evaluate personal practice and appropriately modify instruction to meet each childâ€s learning needs and promote positive outcomes. (NAEYC 4d; InTASC 7f)
Integrate relevant, research-based perspectives on early childhood to promote professional practice. (NAEYC 6d; InTASC 10h)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post can you create and deliver a science lesson plan that integrates math physical education and health for birth to age 5 pre k or k to age 8 grade 3 after implementing the lesson write a reflection of your experience appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.